View Single Post
Old 02-09-18, 02:32 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 24,415 Times in 11,325 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Meeting with School Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I wish I had been more sensitive and compassionate with my reply- sorry.

I think rather than eliminating extra or "busy"work he should just be allowed more time to do it.This way its fair in that he still does what all the kids are doing but when it comes to homework or even unfinished classwork he should be allowed to finish it with more time or at home. Busy work or not, I believe that the repetition is important.

Does the school have a gifted sort of class?My son's school had a Gifted program that was just a pull out program once a week where they did challenging things but everything else was just regular work and the same regular classes.

Good lord do not worry about college now! The pressure they put on kids now in days to think about college- its so stressful. My youngest just started 9th grade and has horrible anxiety because she thinks that ever single grade will affect getting into college. I told her that she needs to focus on being 14 and doing her best. There are no rules about college. I told her I want her to be happy with her life and self sufficient. If that means being a trash collector, a circus clown or a doctor-thats fine with me, as long as she can support herself and is happy.
If either of my grandkids had to do the same amount of homework as neuro-
typical students are required to do, they wouldn't get any sleep. Or have time
to eat or play or take a bath. Yes, repetition is helpful, but does it really help
if the child has to spend as much time out of school as they do in school to do
the same amount of work?

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me