View Single Post
Old 02-10-18, 07:53 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,633 Times in 15,114 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I no longer care about being in a relationship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd_ View Post
Having lost all ability to relate with anyone, I avoid all social interactions with people and get easily annoyed when I'm interacting with them, it's gotten to the point where I also get physically ill whenever I am in large crowds or driving with a lot of other people on the roads. I just want to become a survivalist and completely withdraw from society, you all can have that rotting corpse, its yours.

Have I become a psychopath? Or have I finally had enough with being taken advantage of and no longer allow myself to succumb to abuse? Regardless something is changing inside of me for better or for worse, all I know is I'm no longer the same person I was.
Hey Lloyd, its been awhile since Ive seen you post so welcome back. I remember the struggles you have shared with wanting or talking about wanting a relationship with someone romatically and I also remember that sometimes your idea of what women wanted or expected didnt match up with what some other people tried to share. With that said, if you truly are just done with people and you know your mental health is well, then its perfectly fine to want a life of solitude. Call it the Jedi lifestyle or maybe even like Thoreau when he went away to the woods- if that makes you happy then go for it.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame,

give me truth.

Our life is frittered away by detail....simplify, simplify.

The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation".

H. Thoreau

I think its important to make this choice cause you want to not as some sort of resigned protest to lack of relationships or out of anger.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
aeon (02-10-18), DeClutter (02-10-18), FlipperTheWhale (02-10-18), Lunacie (03-09-18), psychopathetic (02-10-18)