View Single Post
Old 02-26-18, 08:45 PM
ADDvanced Member

chris87 has a spectacular aura aboutchris87 has a spectacular aura about
No Longer Have any Interests - Just Sleepwalking Through Life

I'm always complaining about my lack of motivation, poor productivity, and disappointment with life. For some reason, I've overlooked the fact that I no longer have any interests. When I was younger, I disliked school, but I always loved learning about my own topics of interest. I would read constantly, research on the internet, and always seemed to be learning something new.

I'm not sure what happened, but I really have no interests anymore. I haven't read a book in years, and I have no desire to learn anything. At least not anything that requires deep, thorough knowledge. I'm okay with a cursory understanding, but anything technical is too tiring for my brain. I feel such disappointment with my life, and it bothers me that I'm not working hard enough to improve. The only thing I can say that I actually enjoy is home DIY work (electrical, remodeling, home automation, some computer networking, etc). I end up feeling worse about myself, because I feel like I have "blue collar" hobbies. I'm ashamed that I've amounted to nothing and have not lived up to my potential. I know that I can do better, but I feel so stuck, pessimistic, and defeated. Has anyone else felt like this?

TL;DR - I realized that I no longer have any interests. I used to have various topics that I enjoyed, and I would get excited learning all that I could about them. I no longer have that enthusiasm. I haven't read a book in years and don't feel like doing anything. I'm embarrassed that my life is such a failure.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chris87 For This Useful Post:
DeClutter (02-27-18), Greyhound1 (03-08-18), kwalk (03-01-18), userguide (02-27-18)