View Single Post
Old 02-27-18, 02:07 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,589 Times in 1,215 Posts
ToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: No Longer Have any Interests - Just Sleepwalking Through Life

Yes, I've gone through periods where I feel like I have accomplished nothing.

Sure ... and yes, some of those periods came when I was depressed.

In my case ... and I'm speculating about yours ... there was a really harsh voice that would pop out and yell at me and diminish me for anything .... Like this voice expected me to be running 10 miles a day on weekends and doing hang-gliding and reading books ... and oh ... making a ton of money--can't forget that one.

Dude, the blue-collar/white collar thing is breaking down these days ... you ever watched HDTV? ... being able to fix and repair a house ... that requires high-level skills and creativity ... But somehow you labeling this work as "inferior."

Definitely get to someone about possible depression ....

Depression generates this negativity and self-attacks ... But also you want to do some talking-back to your self-criticism.

Instead of putting down and diminishing what you do now, I will encourage you to think about what you want to add to your life ...

So where are you now in terms of medication and or therapy? ....

You really don't want to trust the feelings you're having now ... Depression is so powerful in convincing us that we're worthless ... But it's a monster you can scare away if you take it on directly ... First step is to get to someone who can show you some new strategies and ways of thinking.

Sometimes meds alone can do the trick ...

Tone
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ToneTone For This Useful Post:
DeClutter (02-27-18), kwalk (03-01-18)