View Single Post
Old 03-01-18, 02:26 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 25,734 Times in 12,011 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ella is scared about moving on to biologics for her psoriasis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unmanagable View Post
Has she tried any long-term elimination diets/habits/attempts with various foods and/or topical products she uses on a regular basis as part of her hygiene/cleaning routine to see if any of those things are triggering it, are the root cause of it, and/or making it worse? Could the treatments themselves be making it more intense rather than better?

Specifically eliminating dairy, gluten, and all artificially flavored/colored/sweetened/scented/etc highly processed stuff are what comes to mind first. I have no idea about the rest of the treatment options, but the food intake and what is applied to and absorbed by the body regularly are always the first things that pop up in my mind after experiencing things the way I have in my world.

I've learned time and time again in the last several years that no matter what topical things are applied/taken, and paid very dearly for, none of it has nor will provide long-lasting sustained relief, as I've experienced it within my particular biology, if the root issue isn't figured out and dealt with. Wishing her lots of clarity in finding answers and relief.
Sarah said they've been working with dermatologist for almost 3 years. I'd bet
that they've considered all those things. Allergies and sensitivities may make
the symptoms worse, but they are not likely to be the root cause.

Sarah, I just remembered that I tried Cannibis Hemp Oil for my overall pain
(including migraine) last year on the recommendation of my niece. Though it
did not help the pain at all ... the psoriasis began to clear up. I gagged at the
taste of it, though most people don't mind, so I stopped taking it.

But the psoriasis has been flaring up lately so I may have to try CBD oil again.
Oddly the worst patch is on my nose right under the pad for my eyeglasses.
Good thing it's not painful, but it's so hard not to pick at it.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me