View Single Post
Old 03-02-18, 12:19 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,285 Times in 7,104 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I don't have a creative outlet, how do I find one that fits me

There have been things I've tried in the past that have been super cheap or free that I've had a lot of fun with.
Just a couple of years ago I jumped into the neat world of origami (paper folding)...though I did spend money on some paper on it, you can easily create your own square sheets of paper. There's TONS of awesome tutorials on youtube.

Another really fun one I had was collecting rocks lol. Though I guess that one took money too, cause I only collected rocks anytime I'd drive up to the mountains or travel. I liked to look for cool looking rocks and kept them in a big tin.
Learning to draw is another thing you can do on the cheap.
Or if you really want an instrument to learn...but don't have a lot of money...you can always start out on a recorder. You can get a nice one for under $10...heck, you can even get them for around $5 that'd be more than good enough for learning on.
Harmonicas aren't too far above that price wise. You can get some really nice ones for about the $20 mark...and you can get top of the line/professional harmonicas (10 hole diatonics) for $35-$40...so it's another relatively cheap instrument to pick up.

Do you have a digital camera? Or do you have a phone with a camera?
You can get into photography. Go to the library get some books on the basics of photography and have fun with that?

If you're a real computer nerd...you can teach yourself some computer languages or something. There's some pretty amazing sites out there that can teach you all sorts of ways to code in different languages or how to build websites...and the sites are completely free.

There's lots of things you can do...it's just finding something that sparks your interest.

There for a very short period of time I got into wood whittling lol. Taking a knife to sticks and trying to make things out of them. I was super proud of a butter knife and a spoon I had whittled . All that costed me was a small pocket knife I had laying around.

This doesn't apply to you (ihaveadhdh) as you live in europe...but another thing me and my mom really enjoyed doing, was anytime we'd travel to a town or city outside of our own...we'd stop by these places called Chambers Of Commerce that most towns and cities in the usa have. They're places that have lots of info about the different businesses in the towns and such. Me and my mom would stop and look through all the pamphlets and what not and see if they had any cool freebies they were giving out lol. They'd often have town maps or something that we'd keep just for souvenirs. The state I live in (Wyoming) is cool in that they've got high quality large stickers they give out in a bunch of different towns throughout the state...and each town has it's own sticker that's different then all the others...so it was a lot of fun me and my mom had trying to complete our collection.

...I don't know. I'm just blabbing lols. Just throwing out some random ideas.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

Sponsored Links