View Single Post
Old 03-05-18, 10:58 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,209 Times in 14,318 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ANGER, split personality in partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose of luck View Post
Hi. I am new to this forum. MY partner is yet to be diagnosed but is suspected that he may have adult ADD. He has suffered with bouts of depression that seem to cycle every 6-12 weeks lasting hours to a week at a time. When he gets dpressed he becomes a different person to me. He is cold and has no emotion or compassion to me. He is totally shut off and angry, to the point of being nasty and disrespectful. In a matter of hours or days, he completely comes out of this and returns to either a normal state or slightly vacant but happy with the world. He hardly ever takes responsibility for the times he is nasty, saying he doesnt remember or blaming it on me, or being down. Has anyone else had experience of these severe abusive mood cycles?
WHat makes you think this is adhd? I am not saying you cant have crippling depression with adhd but what you are describing sounds like a mood disorder of some kind. I am not a doctor and can only go on what you have shared here but he definitely needs to see a doctor asap. The fact that he doesnt remember these episodes or blames it on you does not remind me of adhd.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
OyVeyKitty (03-05-18)