View Single Post
Old 03-06-18, 01:39 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 14,543 Times in 6,492 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Come on In If You're Online And Say Anything: Part III

So I cleared off my car and went for a night drive (for food) like a damned fool.

I saw 2 other cars (in 20 minutes), but otherwise it was me and the plows.

Max speed on a road that is usually 55 was 35mph...and yes, it was slick, and the snow depth didn't help things at intersections.

Rear-wheel drive FTW!

It's sleetsnowing right now. They have a chance of having the roads ready for the morning crawl and slog, but if it keeps coming down at the current rate, it is going to be a real cluster.

I park on a small hill, so to get up it I got a running start from a side street, and when I got to the hill I turned off my traction control and floored it. My back end swung out perfectly and I drifted my car through 4-5 inches of virgin snow, making a huge plume as the RPMs approached 6,000. This got me turned around just right and I eased off and rolled into my spot.

Fun? Yes, but I know from past experience that if I don't do that, I will get stuck in the snow, and quite simply, I was having none of that.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
daveddd (03-08-18), Little Missy (03-06-18), Little Nut (03-06-18), Lunacie (03-06-18), psychopathetic (03-06-18), stef (03-06-18)