View Single Post
Old 03-06-18, 06:16 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,021 Times in 2,492 Posts
kilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ANGER, split personality in partner

Regular cycling mood is not a characteristic of ADHD. We do have large mood swings, but they tend to be triggered by events, and the mood swing is out of proportion to the triggering event or thought.

I have professional understanding of counselling in the UK and I would be VERY dubious of any diagnosis by a counsellor, there is NO way a conventionally UK trained counsellor can diagnose, unless they have an additional qualification, and their fees double.

It is regarded as unethical for a counsellor without these additional qualifications to put forward a diagnosis. Some counsellors believe that even mentioning a possible diagnosis is not beneficial for the client(s).

Diagnosis is done by psychologists or psychiatrists. IT sounds like your partner needs to raise this with his GP and get a referral. If you have the funds, my advice would be to go private. Private clinical psychologists cost about 100+\hr and the diagnostic process may take several hours..... but it is worth the outlay. Once diagnosed, many doors open.