View Single Post
Old 03-08-18, 04:29 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,991 Times in 14,791 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Article about women being mislabled as 'hysterics' and sexism in medicine

Its not new but it shouldnt be an issue anymore. As a woman with chronic pain related to very real conditions I cant tell you the amount of sniffs and dismissals I have gotten from male doctors. Right now I am wearing an expensive handbrace:

Commercial Photography
Because I need joint replacement surgery. My doctor says Im so young to have it he might want to hold off. Meanwhile Im in pain and he thinks its no big deal, even though I get cortisone shots and stuff.
My age and my gender and the fact that I dont work I "just" stay at home with kids all play into it.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Fortune (04-27-18)