View Single Post
Old 03-08-18, 06:09 PM
ADDvanced Member

Kaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to all
Re: How to handle a member I don't like in a therapy group?

Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
Should I confront him about this? I'm not physically afraid of him or anything.
Should I go behind his back and ask the other members what they think of him? Should I be honest with them and let them know I don't like him a bit?
I think I'll talk to one of the people who run the group and see what they have to say.
I would only confront him if he touches me, in a friendly way, like 'i don't feel comfortable with that'.

I know it's very tempting to get some gratification for your feelings, but i would not go behind his back talking to the other members about him. You might feel guilty over that afterwards, better keep your street clean. Just sit back and watch what happens. I sometimes try to makes these situations like a chapter of a movie or a game. It will take care of itself, to me it would be a good practise to not make it personal and stick to my own proces, keep the focus on the reason why i'm in this group: for me to get better quality in life, or something like that.

I think it's a good idea to trust it in person to one of the group leaders, maybe they might have some good suggestions on how to deal with your feelings towards this person. I think that would be a good way to go.

Good luck! X
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kaia.S For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-08-18), daveddd (03-09-18), Fuzzy12 (03-08-18), Little Missy (03-08-18), Lunacie (03-08-18), namazu (03-08-18), psychopathetic (03-08-18), stef (03-09-18)