View Single Post
Old 04-13-18, 12:28 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,561 Times in 861 Posts
finallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond repute
In trouble, hopefully not fired

I made mistakes at work. I won't get into all of the details but they range from serious to I-guess-my-boss-doesn't-know-that-most/all-of-us-do-this.

I don't think I'm going to get fired but they have grounds. I will be very, very surprised if I don't get a verbal warning or even a written warning. He mentioned something about re-training. I felt like crying but I held it together.

Getting fired is never good but if someone gets fired from this hospital system, I've heard that you are blackballed. This is the #1 employer in my region! I would quit if I could but finances and the proven "employers like to hire people who are currently employed" is keeping me from putting in two weeks right now.

I decided a few weeks ago that I need to get on the ball and start job hunting. I haven't liked this job basically since I started and decided a few weeks ago to start looking and have been here and there. I have to kick into high gear now.

I'm really sick of going through these things in my jobs. I don't want to be winning awards at any job but I don't want the meetings, feeling so embarrassed around managers, fearing getting fired, quitting under duress, etc.
Shame derives it's power from being unspeakable.
Shame corrodes the very part of us that believes we are capable of change.
Shame cannot survive being spoken. It can't survive empathy.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to finallyfound10 For This Useful Post:
namazu (04-13-18), stef (04-13-18)