View Single Post
Old 05-08-18, 06:46 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,561 Times in 861 Posts
finallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Written warning then something very bad

I didn't get fired for my last mistake but I got a written warning. That is bad enough.

Then..... my location had a scheduled visit by the organization that accredits and certifies healthcare places. These people cause everyone to go crazy getting everything to their liking. There are literally hundreds maybe even thousands of pieces of patients' information they can review. Wouldn't you know that one of the pieces randomly reviewed was one that was to be completed by and I didn't fill it out all the way!!!! It's not good even if my boss were reviewing but the fact that it was found by these people is horrifically terrible.

It was a violation of policy so any number of things could occur: my boss having a talk with me, a separate verbal or written warning in addition to the one I already have (can that happen??), final written, suspension (least likely, I think) or termination.

I do not want to get fired but if I do, I want to be on 'eligible for rehire' status when employers call for verification of employment. The diverse tentacles of this healthcare system in my region cannot be understated so it could really impact my job future if they say they won't hire me back. Also, they themselves have lots of jobs I could do other than direct patient care that would be such a better fit.

I really want to run the numbers of the odds of those people finding my mistake. Maybe my Higher Power is trying to tell me something as this system is the same one that runs the nursing school I attended and failed out of which was the start of my life imploding. Maybe He is saying "get away from them!!"

This was supposed to be the better, less stressful job so I could start to get a life again!! Ugh!!!!!!!!!
Shame derives it's power from being unspeakable.
Shame corrodes the very part of us that believes we are capable of change.
Shame cannot survive being spoken. It can't survive empathy.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to finallyfound10 For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (05-08-18), tudorose (05-09-18)