View Single Post
Old 09-06-18, 09:20 AM
ADDvanced Member

DanielGM1970 is a name known to allDanielGM1970 is a name known to allDanielGM1970 is a name known to allDanielGM1970 is a name known to allDanielGM1970 is a name known to allDanielGM1970 is a name known to allDanielGM1970 is a name known to all
Re: Balance between accomodating for ADHD and discipline

Wow, thanks guys for the great input. I will read your responses more closely later - at work, lol.

I did read "How to talk so kids will listen, and listen so kids will talk" and it helped give me a vocabulary that was more direct but not "yelling at the kids"; it's tough because you can tell her something multiple times and it's like she doesn't hear you - she's off in her own world making her own wonderful plans. Other times she (and her younger sister) start yelling and it seems the only way to cut through the noise is to raise your own voice too!

She's in counseling now and right away one of the things the counselor reminded her was she needs to do something the first time she's asked. I hesitate to say "remember what Dr. Fleming said!" at home, because I don't want her to start associating "pain in the ***" with the counselor!

Regards,
Daniel

Be yourself, and the rest will follow.

Breathing is not optional. - Dr. Raymond Wertheim

What do you care what other people think? - Arline Feynman, to her husband, American physicist Richard P. Feynman

D.
The Following User Says Thank You to DanielGM1970 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (09-06-18)