View Single Post
Old 09-09-18, 12:15 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,253 Times in 7,594 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Executive function

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post
I know very well I need to finish my work project first. I just can't get myself to do it.
Yeah, that's another thing that really frustrates me and is great at running my ego down into the mud...

I KNOW all of the things I should or shouldn't be doing. Dang it...
And then I think people think I didn't get things done on purpose. I'm just lazy or something. Or they think it's because I'm just not motivated. They get upset because they know I'm more then capable, so there's no reason I should be falling short.
And often times I get told I just need to "Just do it!" like the nike slogan goes. If I wanted something done bad enough, I'd "just do it!". Like it's a character flaw or something that I'm not doing these things.
They don't get that I think my "Do it!" button in my brain is broken.

Lunacie (an awesome member here on these forums) has a quote from Barkley in her signature that I really like:

Quote:
ADD is not a problem of knowing what to do; it is a problem of doing what you know.
-RUSSELL A. BARKLEY, PH.D.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
italianstallion (09-10-18)