View Single Post
Old 09-10-18, 04:10 PM

italianstallion is on a distinguished road
Re: Executive function

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
This just explained my life in a nutshell.

And it's frustrating cause it makes me feel like such an idiot...or like I'm being lazy, or that i'm just completely useless. It's like I KNOW I can do all this stuff...there's nothing physically stopping me, and it's often very simple things...things that would be relatively easy if I'd just freaking do them.
And then people get frustrated with me, because I'm not doing all these things...when they know I can do them. They've seen me at my good times so they know how capable I can be so they expect that of me all the time and they just don't get it.
Then again...I don't get it either.

It's very frustrating.
Agreed. Being on the medication definitely makes it all more manageable. But without all the bad habits and "laziness" come right back. The problem is it is so tempting to not take, or put off taking meds for me at least... not sure if this is the "laziness" part of me taking over or the lack of solid routines.

But we have to remember that while it may come across as laziness to those who do not understand, we know this is not the real problem. Which brings me back to the executive function, or our lack of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to italianstallion For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (09-10-18)