View Single Post
Old 09-11-18, 12:54 PM
Forum Guru

Caco3girl is a splendid one to beholdCaco3girl is a splendid one to beholdCaco3girl is a splendid one to beholdCaco3girl is a splendid one to beholdCaco3girl is a splendid one to beholdCaco3girl is a splendid one to beholdCaco3girl is a splendid one to beholdCaco3girl is a splendid one to behold
Re: Need help figuring it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clstlg View Post
Thank you all. She doesn't drink caffeinated drinks except once in a blue moon, but she doesn't sleep well at all. It takes an hour for her to settle herself...if we're lucky.

I've been trying to keep a closer eye on her and it appears that she is starting to even out a bit emotionally. She got her locker open (Yay!) and last night when we were working on spelling (her biggest bugaboo due to slight dyslexia) she got the words after after one time working through them--usually a crying fest lasting 15 -20 minutes and still not getting them all. So, progress!

I did call the doctor and he would like to keep her on for at least one month due to the fact that it could be just her age...and the stress of starting middle school. After that we will see.
1. With regard to the sleeping. My kids have been prescribed Clonodine. It clears their head enough to nod off at night. it's cheap and it's not a narcotic. You should ask your doctor about it.

2. I also give my kids gummy melatonin. The combo of the two has them out within 20 minutes.

3. I am dyslexic. the only thing that worked for me was the night before the test I tried spelling the words. Anything I got wrong I had to write 10 times. I took the test again with my mom. Again, anything I got wrong I had to write 20 times. This is ONLY good the night before. By the next week they were gone!