View Single Post
Old 09-11-18, 03:38 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 25,716 Times in 11,997 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Teen Girl ADHD questions and med questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caco3girl View Post
I have a 16 year old boy and a 9 year old girl, both ADHD.
1. My son has brain fog. It's like being drunk, he looses the conversation, looses the focus, and can't plan anything. The meds help with this.

2. Age 11 is when I started calling my son a space cadet. That is when puberty kicked in for him and his unknown ADHD seriously kicked up a notch.

3. All teenagers are negative...that's just part of being a teen.

4. The meds keep my son from impulsive saying stupid things. He still says them, but he has adapted by finding younger friends and or ADHD friends. hes still going to sometimes say silly things, that's just growing up. I am 100000% grateful for the meds. He's a more complete person on them than off of them and in a daze.

5. My kids don't take the meds on days they don't have school unless they ask for them. My son had an important baseball game and he wanted to be as present as possible so he asked for them last Saturday.

Any trouble falling asleep? My kids both take Clonidine which is an Rx, and melatonin. It manages to shut their brains off long enough for sleep.

3. My granddaughter was 10 when we started seeing self-negativity.
She had just reached puberty (yes, we get there at 9 in my family).
But she was not a teen yet.

5. Her dad had visitation with both girls on weekends. He is the one who would
remind her to pack her meds because no one enjoyed the weekend without them.

Melatonin didn't work for either of my grandkids. The one with adhd began
sleeping better with stimulant meds on board.

Her little sister with autism needed more. She takes Trazadone with dinner
so she can get more than 3-4 hours of sleep a night.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
benito (09-12-18)