View Single Post
Old 09-12-18, 01:45 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,447 Times in 13,258 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripatetic View Post
I miss our chatty feline it was all so sudden that his quality of life declined.

Fuzzy: E asked about him this morning. We reiterated what we told her yesterday: kitty was very sick and we helped him die so he's not suffering. She's only 3.5 so she doesn't understand death. She just understands that we can talk about him and look at photos of him, but he's no longer with us. I mean, I mostly think she gets that he's permanently gone, but we'll see if she continues to ask about him...

My father's cat lives with us and is similarly aged. I'm taking her in next week to have thorough preventative screening so hopefully we're better prepared for the next time. I for some reason believed cats live to be around twenty and clearly that's false. N was only 12.25 years.

(((((peri))))) cats generally live between 10 and 14 but they can live beyond that, depending on several factors including whether they are allowed outside, what their early experiences were, etc (like say for example if they was a stray like Ebony was, they might have been exposed to something nasty while on the streets, like we suspect Ebony was)
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (09-12-18), psychopathetic (09-12-18)