View Single Post
Old 04-30-08, 12:30 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

scarygreengiant is a splendid one to beholdscarygreengiant is a splendid one to beholdscarygreengiant is a splendid one to beholdscarygreengiant is a splendid one to beholdscarygreengiant is a splendid one to beholdscarygreengiant is a splendid one to beholdscarygreengiant is a splendid one to behold
Re: Regarding "Unwrapping the Gift of ADD" program

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2emom View Post
So I hope you'll take back your remark about "yuppie" parents testing their kids for ADHD to get them into the gifted classes.
2emom,
I'm sorry if I offended you but I think you misunderstood my comment. It was not an attack on parents of ADHD or gifted children. I was specifically criticizing parents who go shopping for an ADHD diagnosis because I personally know one family that has done this and it makes me very angry. Perhaps my emotions are clouding my judgement and I'm grossly overestimating the number of parents who like the ADHD diagnosis. Maybe it's a very small number but I don't think it's nonexistent.

ADHD has caused a lot of hurt and frustration for me so when I see this family bragging about ADHD and treating it like a joke it is a huge slap in my face. It's an insult to every person who has ADHD and an insult to every parent with an ADHD child.

I've read your posts (thank you Concerta!) and I think you're a good parent. My post was not directed against good parents like you. I am sorry for offending you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scarygreengiant For This Useful Post:
2emom (04-30-08), ADDAWAY (04-30-08), Imnapl (04-30-08)