View Single Post
Old 05-03-08, 11:48 PM
Contributor

20trackedmind is a glorious beacon of light20trackedmind is a glorious beacon of light20trackedmind is a glorious beacon of light20trackedmind is a glorious beacon of light20trackedmind is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Came home and just cried tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensU_girl View Post
Is there a sort of "therapeutic daycare" in your area? Talk to your Doctor. S/he may know of one, or be able to refer you to a professional who can hook you up with such a place (developmental pediatrician; social worker; child and youth worker, etc.) or other resources.

I have heard of them here where I live.

Early Socialization is SO IMPORTANT, obviously. Gotta do something before he hits kindergarten.

It would be great to find him a place to "practice" concepts like basic empathy and sharing, etc.

Glad to hear he has a motivated Mom!
Yes, they have that at the public school, but as a special ed teacher, I am trying to avoid it. It is just the first step in becoming labled as special ed.

I am a stay at home mom now, since the diagnosis, we have playdates three times a week in a controlled enviroment where two involved parents are there to teach and direct the kids. He does well then.

I will look around to see if there are some other alternative like you mentioned. That is a good idea.

Thank you.

Follow this to the ADD Forums Get Fit Club:
http://www.addforums.com/forums/show...682#post627682
The Following User Says Thank You to 20trackedmind For This Useful Post:
Mary (05-03-08)