View Single Post
Old 04-12-12, 01:09 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,811 Times in 1,492 Posts
spunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coping Mechanism - Running away from problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemaster View Post
I am an avoider. I often won't answer the phone because I don't wanna deal with a phone conversation, or I'll see someone in a store and walk the other direction. It's not like I dislike the person, I just want to avoid having to say "Hi" and make small talk. It always goes like this "Hi, how's it going?" "Oh, the usual, work and kids" Ugh I can't stand it.
I do that too (walk the other direction in the store). Making small talk is hard for me. I always feel so awkward. I also don't answer the phone unless I know or have an idea of who it is, and if I need to tell a family member something I often text so that I can deal with the one issue without getting sucked into a whole conversation.