View Single Post
Old 08-05-17, 05:29 PM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,261 Times in 8,226 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How to handle a controlling coworker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unmanagable View Post
Just another thought that popped into my head about printing the company logo on your cards. Did your top boss already know you were doing it and including the logo? If so, rock on.
Do you mean our new president? I don't believe so. Actually, the guy who hired me gave me the OK to send the cards months and months ago. He's no longer here, though.

I've been sending cards to the employees here to be nice and to also do some marketing. The guy next to me had a birthday, and I just sent him a card with brownies. He should get it sometime next week. Hopefully, the pseudo-boss will see or hear about it.
Quote:
Copyright issues might be worth looking into, too. I wonder what the guidelines within their company are about using the logo without first getting permission.
My first thought is that I'm not selling or making money off the logo. I've actually been paying out of my own pocket to send my customers cards.
Quote:
You'd think a company would appreciate you going above and beyond and be full of gratitude, but legalities often throw a huge wrench in the best of notions.
I was just thinking the same thing! Usually companies have a difficult time getting employees to go above and beyond the call of duty, right? I don't even need the appreciation or recognition. Although, that would be nice. I know that I'm good at my job. I just want to be left alone to do it.

~Paulo Coelho