View Single Post
Old 08-05-17, 05:41 PM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,219 Times in 8,204 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How to handle a controlling coworker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unmanagable View Post
I'd spend some more time trying to figure out why she was getting to me on such a deep level and see if I could untangle that. I wonder if it was a guy doing the same things, would you feel any differently about how to approach it, or would it feel the same, do you think?
I cannot control her. I'm learning how to handle people's comments when they're negative. What I don't like is her perception of the power she has over me.

For instance, the Saturday before the two and a half hour meeting, she mentioned wondering why I was in the office on a Saturday. I don't normally work Saturday's and so I guess that made her curious. I came to the office to get my lap top's power cord. However, is it really her business why I came into the office on Saturday? What's the big deal? What if I wanted to do work here?