View Single Post
Old 06-22-13, 05:40 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,451 Times in 14,479 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Barr generic adderall xr causing swelling?

SHIRE the company makes the brand also makes the generics Teva/Barr,EON,and global, The only generic they do not make is actavis. Actavis is the first non shire company to get approval to make its own formulation and this was approved about 6 or so months ago. I tried the actavis once and it was horrible. I have had all of the other generics and brand and they have been the same. The swelling is not brand related imo. It could be related to High BP from adderall but not because of the brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhd_who View Post
Yes, it does cause swelling! I just started on generic Adderall XR (DEX) a few weeks ago. I had been taking brand name since the age of 9. I switched for possibly being cheaper with same results all around & it's terrible! Nauseating feelings and a little dizzy at times. I am not taking any other medications and fluid in my ankles and feet are the worst. I assume I'm allergic to the inactive ingredients and so is everyone having this issue. I heard it can cover the entire body and if it gets worse to go to the ER.... s c a r y... Never doing generics again. Clearly they have the same ingredients, but the measurements are off making it a hit or miss & the inactive ingredients suck. Plus the price of the original and the generic are almost the same!!... $30 difference?

Hope this helps. PEACE

I carried a watermelon?