View Single Post
Old 05-29-12, 04:29 PM

pyogenes will become famous soon enough
Re: what exercises that will build muscles & confidence?

muscle gain is a slow process so it might be several months to a year before the changes are obvious.

Here's my shorter workout routine. Takes about 30 minutes. Start with a lot less weight than you think you can do. Add weight to your next workout if it was too easy. Pace and form is far more important than weight and reps.

20 lunges (10 reps each leg)
15 dumbbell bicep curls into arnold shoulder press
15 chest press

repeat 3 times. No rests allowed between sets. Heavy focus on slow movements and correct form.

30 kneeling one arm rows (15 reps each arm)
20 crunches
20 russian twists
20 bench step ups (10 each leg). Simultaneously do dumbbell shoulder press with opposite arm as the leg you're stepping up with.

repeat 3 times. No rests allowed between sets. Heavy focus on slow movements and correct form.

Things I do to mix things up:
Lunge alternatives: walking lunges, step forward in place, step back in place, rear foot elevated (resting on bench), walking lunge with bicep curls, walking lunge with shoulder press.

Chest press alternatives: push ups, inclined/declined chest press, chest flies, one armed chest flies (this works out abs and back too - don't do unless you have very good form)

Kneeling one arm row variations: lat pull downs, seat rows

Abs alternatives: bicycles, sit ups, decline sit ups, sit ups with medicine ball toss (need partner), jack knives, and a crap ton that I don't know the name of

bench step up alternatives: squats, lunge variations