View Single Post
Old 11-16-18, 06:27 PM
Contributor

Daniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Why are you not happy?

I listened to a great talk on YouTube by Denzel Washington on success, which I won't post here because it has some religious overtones to it. But one thing he stressed was setting goals.

A light just went on in my head today. Man, I used to set goals all the time. Annual goals, especially, and I'd push myself to keep to them.

I'm going to write up a list of goals for the rest of this year and really stick to it. Denzel suggests not only setting annual goals, etc., but DAILY goals towards those larger goals.

So I'm going to write a manageable list of annual goals, and then I'll write my daily goals towards each of those in my "mental health journal" (yes, I have one, lol, I need to write s--- down) early each day.

I think a lot of my anxiety is feeling I'm just churning in the surf, spinning my wheels, and not going anywhere in any directed way anymore. A coworker gave me an inspirational talk about not giving up on myself, and I think she stuck in my head a bit too.

Daniel

Be yourself, and the rest will follow.

Breathing is not optional. - Dr. Raymond Wertheim

What do you care what other people think? - Arline Feynman, to her husband, American physicist Richard P. Feynman

D.