View Single Post
Old 01-03-19, 08:28 AM
Forum Guru

Caco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud of
Re: Choosing the Right Treatment-Amphetamine Salts ER?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJgabby View Post
Hi,
My 10 y/0 child was recently diagnosed with ADHD and recommended Amphetamine Salts ER 5 MG. He just needs help paying attention in school. He isn't hyperactive nor disruptive (frankly, he has a wonderful loving and creative personality) and have no idea what to expect. We haven't given it to him yet because we are continuing to do our own research. Plus, this doctor seemed very casual to prescribe and didn't even do a full evaluation, didn't even ask my child a single question. Not a good experience but the doctor is supposed to be "one of the best"? Just not feeling comfortable just yet..
ALL ADHD meds are hit or miss...and there is no precursor to say which one will work the best for your kid. It isn't like other types of medicine that work better if you are more active, or if you don't drink alcohol, or are female, or whatnot. All you can do is try one, see if it works, if it doesn't move to the next one. There aren't any questions they can ask prior to taking the medicine.

Both of my kids are on that medicine and both still have a personality. If you have heard that a kid turns into a zombie then that kid is OVER medicated. My son is ADD my daughter is AHD, and again, both have shining personalities. Now that my daughter can sit in class she is learning much more. Now that my son is mentally present in class his grades with through the roof! The medicine has been a complete game changer for both of them for school. Start it ASAP would be my advice.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caco3girl For This Useful Post:
Emre22 (01-03-19), sarahsweets (01-03-19)