View Single Post
Old 01-03-19, 09:47 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 11,398 Times in 5,569 Posts
daveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Attention: what is it? What are the subject and object of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunga Dorji View Post
Over the years, I have come to the conclusion that, while we talk about "attention deficit disorder" we have very little idea of what is meant by that term.
The psychiatric profession talks about mental illness, but has no agreed definition of "mind" ("mental" being "of the mind").
So attention is "paid"- but by whom or by what?
What on earth does anybody mean by all this?
I really do not know any more. Do any of you?
This "definitional laxity" is more than enough to explain the poor results in treating the problem.
ive started to think of it in me, if ADHD is a regulation disorder, that's it not the mind exclusively ,but the whole body

the attention not being paid is to my self in the way of introception

the body tells us how to regulate it right? I just don't pay mine no attention