View Single Post
Old 01-04-19, 05:26 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,083 Times in 15,343 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Choosing the Right Treatment-Amphetamine Salts ER?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJgabby View Post
Hi,
My 10 y/0 child was recently diagnosed with ADHD and recommended Amphetamine Salts ER 5 MG. He just needs help paying attention in school. He isn't hyperactive nor disruptive (frankly, he has a wonderful loving and creative personality) and have no idea what to expect. We haven't given it to him yet because we are continuing to do our own research. Plus, this doctor seemed very casual to prescribe and didn't even do a full evaluation, didn't even ask my child a single question. Not a good experience but the doctor is supposed to be "one of the best"? Just not feeling comfortable just yet..
It seems casual yet not unheard of. The bottom line is that you want to help your child. Stimulants are a first line treatment of adhd and the best thing to try. If you are uncomfortable, go back and get some clarification on the diagnosis or fill out a conner's scale. If you feel like the diagnosis is correct and its just that you are scared of stimulants then do not be dissuaded by the crazy antimed stuff you read. Those sites are meant to terrify parents that only want to help their kids. You will know within 2 days to a week if the meds help or not and if there are side effects. You cant stop the meds immediately if need be with no ill affects. I urge you to consider giving it a go.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (01-04-19)