View Single Post
Old 01-04-19, 09:30 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 11,398 Times in 5,569 Posts
daveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Choosing the Right Treatment-Amphetamine Salts ER?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJgabby View Post
Hi,
My 10 y/0 child was recently diagnosed with ADHD and recommended Amphetamine Salts ER 5 MG. He just needs help paying attention in school. He isn't hyperactive nor disruptive (frankly, he has a wonderful loving and creative personality) and have no idea what to expect. We haven't given it to him yet because we are continuing to do our own research. Plus, this doctor seemed very casual to prescribe and didn't even do a full evaluation, didn't even ask my child a single question. Not a good experience but the doctor is supposed to be "one of the best"? Just not feeling comfortable just yet..
did the doctor ask anyone any questions?

you said he needs help paying attention, so did you say that to the doctor?

I only ask because kids with ADHD generally lack self awareness, so he probably got the info he needed from you
Lunacie (01-04-19)