View Single Post
Old 01-06-19, 11:10 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,859 Times in 12,535 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Choosing the Right Treatment-Amphetamine Salts ER?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbawunfela View Post
I could be wrong, but I doubt there is a medications based approach that could target a patient's inability to find the words he is looking for specifically, without affecting another aspect of his brain function, either adversely or positively. Just as an example. My treatment had at least 5 different phases, each designed to target a specific aspect of my personal diagnosis.

Meds seem to stimulate in a more indiscriminate way. Of course I am not only not a medical professional, but I did not spend years trying to nail down a medication like some have, so I may be wrong.
I think stimulant meds can often improve quite a few different symptoms,
including being able to think more linearly and think of the words that he or she
wants to use.

That was the main symptom that I saw improve when I began taking Omega 3
supplements. No more staring at the computer screen trying to remember the
word I wanted to use to explain something. No more reading back through
something I had posted and wondering what I was thinking at the time. And
no more having people I was talking to ask me "Did you mean "this" instead of
"that"?

Neurofeedback may be helpful as well, but it doesn't have the research that
backs up the results the way stimulant meds do.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me