View Single Post
Old 01-07-19, 12:05 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,864 Times in 12,537 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Choosing the Right Treatment-Amphetamine Salts ER?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbawunfela View Post

That is a study demonstrating structural changes as a result of Neurofeedback, but is not ADD specific.here is a LONG article you can download to help provide research on NFB efficacy. In the posts from this thread I make several quotes, in case fishing through 450 pages of research papers is not your thing....
Quote:
The article reviews eight controlled studies concerning NFB, and finds them all flawed in one way or another.....Clearly CHADD is going to hold NFB to a very high standard, but at least it is being mentioned.
When finding a treatment for a child, I'd prefer that it had been held to a high
standard. Sadly, in the ASD community I've seen many parents who were so
desperate to "cure" their child that they would try any treatment, and some of
the treatments have been and continue to be quite horrendous.

For me, it was a fluke that I found Omega 3 to be beneficial. I began taking it
to help with menopause symptoms and was quite surprised to find that it was
helping my brain fog. I went online to see if there was any research for using to treat ADHD and found that it had been tested with mixed results.

Of course, the results for most stimulant meds are mixed as well. Some respond
better to one kind of stimulant than another.

So when it came to treating my oldest ADHD granddaughter and my youngest
ASD granddaughter, we (my adult daughter and I) did a lot of reading, and
talked with the psychiatrist about possible side effects and risks before agreeing
to trial any meds. But the risk of not medicating/treating at all was clearly, to
our minds, worse than most of the side effects of research-proven treatments.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me