View Single Post
Old 01-15-19, 06:23 PM
Jr Member

gateway is on a distinguished road
Post Re: How do you build self confidence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianstallion View Post
I've lacked confidence for as long as I can remember.

I don't know how much of it is the direct result of ADHD and anxiety, or if it's the result of years of failures, fear of rejection, never feeling good enough and other negative experiences that kept making my confidence dip lower and lower.

Has anyone found cognitive behavioral therapy to be helpful?

I have a bad habit of looking for quick fixes, thinking the solution is always something as simple as starting a new medication. Maybe I need to dig deeper, could the solution be to somehow address years of damage, be it through CBT or something else?

For me it comes and goes, right now I am in the "goes" moment, needing it to come back, urgently.

What helps me is a daily gym routine, once I have that, I feel in shape, my the endorphins relax me, and it somehow boosts the effects of my medication (Medikinet + Wellbutrin). Not to mention that exercise boosts your testosterone level (big plus)

Right now, it is a cold winter here, and I haven't been going to the gym lately due to lots of work & university... but once I normally start exercising on a regular basis, the changes on my self-confidence are notorious, if your body feels good, your mind will also feel good.

Afterall, 100 years ago we were outside working our asses off in a carbon mine, nowadays it is sitting in an office for hours and no exercise whatsoever.

Give the gym a try, hope it helps!
The Following User Says Thank You to gateway For This Useful Post:
Daniel1970 (01-16-19)