View Single Post
Old 01-16-19, 12:03 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,107 Times in 15,356 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How do you build self confidence?

I'm not saying therapy is bad or that it doesnt work but as far as self confidence goes, I had to learn that on my own. For me it took sobriety but for some it could be some other cathartic life event. I had to be ok with me. I needed some serious self reflection and analysis of what made me tick. I had to let go of past resentments and learn acceptance. I had to learn to forgive. I had to learn my strengths and accept my weaknesses. I learned to work with my body and mind instead of against it. I found out that I was actually a good person and had good things to offer. The other big thing was helping others. For me, yes, it involves the recovery community but it also involves unrelated volunteering in my community. I particularly like going into the women's prison. The women there are so desperate for understanding (recovery too) and so many of them are victims of domestic violence and neglectful parenting. It helps me to be grateful and when you are thinking of others it is very hard to think about yourself.

I carried a watermelon?