Thread: CDL License
View Single Post
Old 04-24-11, 12:36 PM
Extradimensional Moderator

HighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant future
Re: CDL License

I think for certain schedule II drugs (amphetamine/substituted amphetamines and maybe opiates), you have to get a doctor to state that it is safe for you to operate a commercial motor vehicle while under the influence of the drug. This might only apply to certain CDL classes (such as A or A and B). I think this isn't always about the drug, but about the condition that the drug is treating, though I don't think it is the case for ADHD meds as much as say antiepileptics (where using them to control seizures is not allowed as someone that has had a seizure in the past X number of years can't drive a large commercial vehicle in the first place.)
Disclaimer: none of the posts on this forum should be taken as medical advice. Optimally, always seek the opinion of multiple experienced professionals, note any discrepancies, and use your best judgment, as well as research, to determine what is true, untrue, and neither (opinion).