View Single Post
Old 01-27-16, 02:35 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,926 Times in 1,352 Posts
Corina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Concerta propranolol and lexapro

The combo is safe, assuming you don't have any serious heart condition. I assume the cardiologist did an EKG or a sound scan and took your pulse and blood-pressure, right? If he did, he would've picked up on any issues. If he says you're fine, he's most likely right.

The lexapro+ propanolol together might make you dizzy or make your blood pressure too low. I think that, after you see a cardiologist, you should try taking concerta with propanolol first. Both meds act imediately, so you'll know quickly if the combo isn't right. Then try concerta and lexapro (you need to take lexapro for at least 1 month, I think, for it to work), without the beta-blocker. Then try adding the beta-blocker. I'm not a doctor though, so maybe you should speak with the doc about this.

I take concerta and bisoprolol (a different beta-blocker) and it's working fine for me. At night, I sometimes take a benzo for anxiety or insomnia, but I that only happens 2-7 times a month. I tried lexapro in the past and it was a disaster for me- I had way more nasty side-effects than benefits. The bisoprolol is usually enough for my anxiety and my slightly elaveted blood pressure.
Sponsored Links