View Single Post
Old 12-08-13, 05:43 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,087 Times in 2,862 Posts
Kunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ongoing increases in ADHD diagnoses in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by meadd823 View Post
While I can understand the curiosity one must also consider other factors behind diagnosing any condition - While a more tolerant culture regarded play might be a cause of fewer diagnosis being made a less tolerant culture toward seeking help for behavioral difference may also be a causative factor.

When reading any ones research papers or scientific conclusion I always look into the back ground of said professional to get a feel for where they are approaching the question from for there is really no such thing as a truly objective point of view.

The human brain the only organ known to attempt to research itself while dulluding itself to believe it is capable of true objectiveness.

Corection meadd-- the "Western acculturated human mind" is the only phenomenon capable of believing it has sufficient objectivity to research itself.

The Eastern perspective is one of "intersubjectivity" - a perspective that understands that the polar extreme of perfect objectivity is as absurd and unbalanced as the concept of perfect subjectivity.

There is always a "Middle Way", and polar extremes are almost always a caricature of reality.

I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness.

both by:
Max Planck: Nobel Prize 1918 for inventing quantum physics.