View Single Post
Old 02-13-13, 10:20 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 10,438 Times in 3,291 Posts
Dizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: this DR Barkley quote states that Neurological tests have no value in the diagnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackblerg View Post

Based on what he's written before it stands to reason that EEG scans would be a useful tool in making a diagnosis of ADHD.
A much more accurate statement would be that EEG scans "could" be useful tool in making a diagnosis of ADHD and hopefully in time they will.

The EEG diagnostic tools show a good bit of promise but they are not there yet. I have seen some good reports on the Qeeg.

Right now, diagnosing ADHD is a clinical judgement issue. Keep in mind that according to Barkley, none of the DSM disorders have a valid test for diagnosing, they are all based on clinical judgement.

I have seen none of the DSM diagnosis to be otherwise but I have not looked at all of them (there are around 400 of them.) I pretty much suspect Barkley has and will take his word on this.

Good points to bring up. You are not the only one to have these questions.

Dizfriz
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dizfriz For This Useful Post:
Amtram (02-13-13), ItsaRose (06-02-17), mctavish23 (02-15-13), namazu (02-13-13), Spacemaster (02-13-13)