View Single Post
Old 05-17-18, 04:26 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,892 Times in 15,249 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My history with Adderall, atenolol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovereian View Post

The atenolol lowered my heart rate while on Ritalin and adderall. So I can do my job better. Nothing ADHD related. When I wasn't on meds I can stick patients fine with a bit of hand shaking but stimulants made it worst. I wouldnt take it on days off, I'm not sticking needles in people. Atenolol helped. So for those I'm my situation could look into it. Others don't have too.
I get it... and I get that beta blockers are used for adhd and anxiety sometimes but this one in particular I have never heard of being used for anything related to mental health. I know that clonidine, propanolol, intuiv can be used for these reasons.
Quote:
Yes I took doses more than prescribed. I took opiates recreationally. I do like beer and opiates and weed.Not ADHD meds. I get no pleasure in the feelings of ADHD meds. Just the reward of finally getting things done is rewarding enough. ADHD meds at a high dose gives me anxiety. No buzz or euphoria or happiness. Just focus. I have the energy naturally. Which the atenolol helped with reducing the increased body energy from the meds.
Taking more than prescribed is always risky but you know that. Combining opiates and alcohol is extremely risky. And recreational use of drugs like this puts someone at risk for addiction and dependence.

Quote:
I didnt read your post fully as you went into my post with an unrelated mindset.
What makes you think I have an unrelated mindset? I have taken beta blockers for adhd and anxiety and I am an alcoholic in recovery well versed on self medicating- I think I related a lot more than you believe.

I carried a watermelon?