View Single Post
Old 09-14-17, 03:26 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Caco3girl is a splendid one to beholdCaco3girl is a splendid one to beholdCaco3girl is a splendid one to beholdCaco3girl is a splendid one to beholdCaco3girl is a splendid one to beholdCaco3girl is a splendid one to beholdCaco3girl is a splendid one to beholdCaco3girl is a splendid one to behold
Re: Started 5th Grade with No Meds-got email from teacher

My kids take the meds every school day. On the breaks, weekends and summer I give them a choice. If my son has an important baseball game he wants them, but in general they don't take them.

For my son not having the meds is like putting a bag over his head and ear plugs in his ears about every 5 minutes for at least 2 minutes at a time. If the teacher mentioned a test or assignment during those two minutes, oh well, he didn't hear it. If he did by some miracle hear when the test was I can't tell you how many times I have heard "She NEVER went over it in class, I just guessed on the test."

For my daughter, she can't sit still and MUST get up from her desk. She can't listen to the teacher she has to go to the nurse, the hall, the lunch room where she forgot her sweatshirt, the trashcan, the teachers desk...she can't POSSIBLY sit there and learn and focus on what she is being taught she MUST move.

Both of those are true stories without medication. Why would I handicap my children's education by not giving them what they need to learn? It's not something they are going to grow out of, they need it. I have no idea why people try to start a new school year without the medication their children need. You are NOT the only one who posted even today about this.