View Single Post
Old 09-15-17, 12:31 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 25,591 Times in 11,927 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Started 5th Grade with No Meds-got email from teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Why start your son out in 5th grade with one hand tied behind his back? Thats what you are doing by not continuing the med regimen. Especially if meds worked well and you saw success, why the need to be"med free''? I guess I cant relate to that. Waiting for a teacher to have issues with him enough that she reaches out to you is really unfair to your son. Some people believe in breaks over the summer. I couldnt do that with my son. Do you take any medication? If you had high BP would you take a break in the summer because maybe the stress of the average day was less?

This resonated with me, but not because I take meds for high blood pressure.

I began wearing glasses in 3rd grade. What if my parents took them away
during the summer and sent me back to school for 4th grade without them,
just to see if my eyes were better. OMG.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
aeon (09-27-17), sarahsweets (09-15-17)