Thread: Horrible memory
View Single Post
Old 01-04-18, 02:19 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Thanked 1,231 Times in 520 Posts
WhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud of
Re: Horrible memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
You are certainly not the only one. I have the same problem with many memories unless they are ones Iíve obsessed over. Those I seem to never forget.

I canít remember what I had for dinner last night and many things which arenít overly stimulating. I canít tell you how many times, Iíve rented a movie weíve seen before and bring it home only to have my wife tell me.

I have a degree in English from a major university in the form of a diploma only. I remember nothing from college, I supposedly learned. I only remember all the wild times and adventures we had like it was yesterday.

I often feel cheated from all Iíve done and learned in my life that I canít remember and use when needed.
Yeah, I remember next to nothing from all my years in school and have forgotten a lot of stuff from my job that I worked at for 8 yrs. It seems I only learn things through doing them repeatedly and having to constantly use the knowledge, or it just falls out of my head. Like, the things I'm "learning" in school now, it's mostly just to get me through the tests. I had a pharmacology class last semester and was like, "Yeah right, like I'm going to remember all these medications, what they're for, how they work, what class they fall under, etc. Who am I kidding?" I need to use it in the context of my day-to-day life/job, and even then......I hate always feeling so stupid.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteOwl For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (01-04-18)