Thread: Horrible memory
View Single Post
Old 01-15-18, 06:24 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 13,589 Times in 6,066 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Horrible memory

I have an insanely good memory for sound, melodies, harmonies, chord changes, timbre, and so on.

But the words to/lyrics of a song?

Overall, perhaps above average...but for sure, with even a single drink, that kind of memory is just...gone.

I can remember scenes from movies/tv series, in terms of the cinematography, the mood, the dynamics of the character engagement, and sometimes, even long bits of dialog.

But the names of the actors?

I’m like my father in that I remember all kinds of trivia much in the way he did.

Things from my personal life more than a year ago? Goodness does it all get hazy, and past 5 years it is disjointed and most all sense of the timing of things is lost.

Ah well, it is what it is. I don’t worry about it much.

Because...I forget about the things I should worry about.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (01-15-18), stef (01-16-18)