View Single Post
Old 02-12-10, 07:18 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 25,909 Times in 12,086 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 12 Things ADHD High Schoolers want their Teachers to Know

What an old thread!

But what a great list!

I'm really glad this thread got bumped again. I copied out the list in case my granddaughter needs it. She could have used it in 4th and 5th grades. Towards the end of 5th grade we finally got a proper diagnosis and got her started on meds. So far she's doing really well in 6th grade/middle school. But there's one class that she always pulls a lower grade in - and it's not because she doesn't understand the subject. I think she and the teacher just have trouble with communication. She doesn't have an IEP at this point, so showing this to the teacher might not be helpful. But if she keeps having trouble with this class, I think her mom is going to rethink the IEP and this would be good to share with that one teacher.

Actually, I think all teachers should read this and keep it in the top drawer of their desk at all times.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me