View Single Post
Old 11-07-10, 03:14 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

itsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud of
Re: 12 Things ADHD High Schoolers want their Teachers to Know

2,4, 6 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 are true the rest are not (for me)

How about adding:

*I only hear what you are saying half the time because I'm more interested in the girl in front of me or the bird outside the window. Anything is WAY more important than whatever your talking about.

*You need to make sure that I know that we have homework/tests/projects. Just because you said it to the class 8 times does not mean I heard it.

*Blurting out answers is not because I don't care about others, it's simply ADHD. It's not my fault.

*Same with jumping the gun

*Talking is a NECESSITY. If you yell at me for talking (most times it's about what you are talking about) than I'll lose focus of what my goals are and just think about how you are so mean and don't understand.

*Let us have intervals to walk around the room, sitting still is hard.

*Let me enjoy my coffee/coke, I need it to focus bc my pill wore off.

*STAY RIDGED! GIVE US EXPLICIT DIRECTIONS!!! telling us half-***** that we need to do something will lead me on a path of doing whatever I want, most likely not doing anything or something of terrible quality or completely off topic. MOST times it will lead to doing everything the wrong way if you don't give explicit directions. Tell me STEP BY STEP what I need to do.

*Than help me step by step on what I need to do.
The Following User Says Thank You to itsanADHDthing For This Useful Post:
SquarePeg (11-30-12)