View Single Post
Old 10-25-04, 10:12 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,331 Times in 1,335 Posts
Trooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond repute
I developed my mother tongue (English) with great ease...I was linguistically developmentally advanced, without hyperlexia, so it was a good thing. I then when I was 16-17 learned that I still had a knack for learning languages if I used charts...I now speak English, German, and Russian, I can read and write Latin and Finnish, and I know some very basic Swedish...so I count as "multilingual" by any standard.

This demonstrates a degree of ability in languages which is not impaired by my ADHD. Now, that said, language learning is much easier for children than for adults. However, it may be difficult for a child with ADHD to switch from language to language mentally, simply because of the nature of ADHD...

It will be interesting to see the results.