View Single Post
Old 09-06-17, 10:58 PM

PoppnNSailinMan is a glorious beacon of lightPoppnNSailinMan is a glorious beacon of lightPoppnNSailinMan is a glorious beacon of lightPoppnNSailinMan is a glorious beacon of lightPoppnNSailinMan is a glorious beacon of lightPoppnNSailinMan is a glorious beacon of light
Re: How to improve your 2nd language speaking if you're ADHD ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarek View Post
Exposure is the key. If you have the option, go to countries where the language is spoken and spend time there.
I've studied a number of different languages, but the only one I've become semi-fluent in is Arabic and that's because I went to Egypt for a year and studied it there (and later went back for another year).

I also made friends with an Egyptian who did not speak any English which forced me to speak to him however imperfectly at first in his own language instead of falling back and speaking in English when I wasn't quite sure how to say something in Arabic. When I didn't know a word, I had to find some roundabout way to communicate what I wanted to say by using the vocabulary I already had or even using my hands or pointing to something I didn't know the word for. He would often supply the word I didn't know and he taught me a lot of other new words and expressions as well.
Bart Simpson (to the tune of “I'm Popeye the Sailor Man”): “When I can’t stop my fiddlin’, I just takes me Ritalin, I’m poppin’ and sailin’, man!” (“Brother’s Little Helper,” Season 11, episode 2, aired 10/3/99)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoppnNSailinMan For This Useful Post:
namazu (09-07-17), userguide (09-07-17)