View Single Post
Old 03-03-18, 09:21 PM
Jr Member

CaptainSheridan is on a distinguished road
Just diagnosed this week.

As you read in the title. I was just diagnosed with ADD this week and I started my first dose of medication. I was surprised to find how calm and focused it made me. It is weird getting diagnosed with this at the age of 26. I have been living my whole life in a state of unfocused chaos and now everything makes sense as to why. I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that I have this disorder though. Its a difficult thing knowing that I have this issue that I will have to deal with for the rest of my life, and I have almost slipped into a state of denial a couple times. I have noticed that the medication I'm taking does make me a bit uncomfortable when it starts wearing off. I find myself staring and it feels like i'm even less focused than I was before hand. I also noticed that last night I didn't seem to sleep very well, and i'm hoping that side effect eventually goes away. I have a few questions for you guys that are more experienced and versed in dealing with ADD.

How did you come to terms with the fact that you have ADD?

How did you start applying better habits to your life after starting medication?

How do you get a good night's sleep when taking ADD medication?

Do you ever have days where you don't take your meds just to return to baseline?

How do you deal with the negative side effects present when your medication starts wearing off?

and last but not least.

What other tips and advice do you have for someone that was diagnosed in adulthood?

Thanks for reading this, and thank you for having me on the ADDforums!