View Single Post
Old 03-04-18, 11:04 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,257 Times in 14,931 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Just diagnosed this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesH View Post

You should follow the doctor's instructions. I don't think that tolerance is much of an issue with stimulates. Once the optimal dose is found, it stays pretty stable over years. That being said, stimulates can provide a wide range of initial effects that wear off over time (for instance, euphoria, energy, motivation, etc). Don't try to chase these initial effects. It won't work, and it'll misrepresent that actual dosage that your need,
I agree.
Tolerance is like the big scary boogie man that people unnecessarily worry about. Yes, it happens but ime its rare, and only an issue after years of stimulant use. Plus, when taken at theraputic doses its not as common.

Quote:
As an adult, you are in the drivers seat. Surround yourself with allies who will support you through your ADHD struggles. For people who lecture about how ADHD isn't real, you don't need to engage with them. Offer them some educational materials (Russell Barkley), and invite to truly understand the disorder before they ignorantly try to lecture you again.
IMO it doesnt matter if you have people that understand adhd or not. Its none of their business.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
CaptainSheridan (03-04-18)